The rapid and seamless development of trade relationships between China and African countries since the begining of 2000 has led to an increase in trade and investment volumes between these regions.
In this framework, Societe Generale has launched the Africa Express scheme in 2011 to better support its Chinese and African customers thanks to the synergies developped between the Group's teams based in China, Africa and France.
Since 2014, 10 China Desks have been created, covering 11 African countries. Dedicated customer advisers accompany Chinese companies in Africa, helping them overcome language barriers and informing them about African markets business conditions.
These desks also act as entry points for African companies willing to cooperate with partners in China.
Through Societe Generale's presence in China on the one hand, and Societe Generale Group's vast network in African countries on the other, companies benefit from a full range of services including:
- Straightforward and simple access to a vast corporate network in Africa and China;
- A multilingual cash management tool (including Chinese);
- Various international trade products and an extensive network of correspondent banks;
- A complete choice of currencies for international settlements including RMB (renminbi yuan);
- Currency hedging solutions;
- Expertise in structured finance and projects.