Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa
Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa is the Group's subsidiary in charge of management and intermediation on the regional financial market of the WAEMU zone.
Initially known as Sogebourse, this entity has been approved since 1998 by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (Securities Regulator), and has become one of the reference brokers in the WAEMU zone, which includes 28 active management and intermediation companies.
It works with governments, institutions, companies and individuals to provide them with innovative solutions for their financing and investment needs.
Based on Societe Generale Group's globally recognized expertise and the best technologies on the market, Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa delivers on a daily basis to more than 16,000 clients, services that comply with international financial market standards.
Through its presence on the WAEMU financial market, Societe Generale Group reaffirms its commitment to emerging markets and its position as a reference partner in the development of economies in sub-Saharan Africa.
Our investment solutions
As a broker, Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa has the best technologies available on the market to process customer orders with ease and speed from collection to settlement in the bank account.
Thanks to its regional platform Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa centralizes and executes in real time all orders made by customers within the Societe Generale network of the WAEMU zone (Ivory Coast, Benin, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Togo).
Focusing on customer satisfaction, the Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa offer differentiates itself by the quality of its services and close customer support in the implementation of its stock market investment projects.
Financial Engineering and Consulting
With a team of professionals dedicated to financial arrangements and strategic advice, Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa is a specialist in fundraising, particularly in the bond market where it regularly assumes roles of arranger, leader and co-ordinator. head of investment syndicates.
Services offered are:
- Economic and financial diagnosis
- Strategic and financial restructuring
- Investment advice
- Structuring and fundraising
- Capital increases
Analysis and research
In order to facilitate its investment decisions, Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa provides clients with economic analysis and research notes. These publications are of three (3) types:
- Daily and weekly market reports: summary of data and highlights of the day / week before.
- Value sheet: presentation of the characteristics of a security with recommendations for the purchase, sale or preservation of a given time horizon.
- The research note: prospective analysis giving the medium and long-term evolution trends of a company or a sector of activity.
Securities Preservation, Custodian and Financial Service
With more than 520 billion FCFA of assets under custody Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa is the 2nd largest holding company on the market. To date, more than 16,000 customers have trusted our custody service and we provide financial services for 15/46 companies listed on the BRVM.
Its offer is composed of the following services:
- Holding of shareholders register
- Event Management Values
- Securities Operations Management
- Organization of General Meetings
- Real time management system
- Custodian of assets
- UCITS liability management
As a reference player in the market, Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa has a wide range of products and enjoys the confidence of a clientele made up of businesses, financial institutions, insurance companies, and actors in the public sector and private customers from the WAEMU zone.
Its tie-up with Societe Generale Group also gives it access to an international clientele composed mainly of financial institutions and investment funds.
Why choose Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa?
The know-how and expertise of the Societe Generale Group
- Thanks to the strong synergy existing within the Group, Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa provides local and international clients with international market standards.
- Expertise demonstrated by the structuring of several complex operations in the WAEMU capital market and by major roles in fundraising, particularly as arranger and leader of the investment syndicate.
- A capacity for mobilization without borders: in constant collaboration with the Societe Generale Group, Societe Generale Capital Securities subsidiary West Africa currently benefits from a large investment network composed of regional and international investors which gives it a comparative advantage in securities issues on the primary market.
- A team of professionals committed to customer satisfaction.
A privileged partnership with governments and issuers of the bond market
With the record of the largest fundraising in the UEMOA zone (274.9 billion collected by bond), Societe Generale Capital Securities West Africa claims nearly 1,000 billion FCFA placed on the market since 2012.
Innovative technological means
- Automated sending of market information by dedicated system.
- Decentralized transactional execution capacity at the branches of the Société Générale banking network.
- Access to secure communication platforms (Reuters).
Strong regional coverage
Capitalizing on its membership of the Societe Generale Group, Societe Generale Capital Securities subsidiary West Africa relies on a network of 8 major sites, both in the WAEMU zone (West Africa) and in the CEMAC zone (Central Africa), to deliver its services on a regional scale.