Structured finance set-up
Africa's strong economic development calls for innovative financing solutions. Whether it is project financing, acquisition financing, asset financing or investment financing, structured finance generally plays an increasingly important role on the continent.
Societe Generale Group, through its specialised business lines, provides its expertise in various sectors: Energy, Transport, Environment, Natural Resources, Telecom, Industries, Real Estate, Capital Goods, Distribution.
At the same time, thanks to its presence on the African continent, Societe Generale is able to better appreciate the needs of its customers in the field, their environment, their opportunities but also their constraints and can therefore provide tailored solutions.
To cope with the growing demand of African economic actors, Societe Generale Group has set up a specific structured finance department on the continent, the Structured Finance Group.
This set-up is based on two dedicated platforms:
- a platform in Casablanca, dedicated to Morocco, bringing together about 20 experts ;
- a cell in Algiers for transactions in Algeria and Tunisia ;
- a platform in Abidjan for sub-Saharan Africa, made up of about 15 specialists.
This set-up combines sectorial knowledge, technical expertise and structuring and execution expertise to provide our clients with optimal solutions.
Range of products
The Structured Finance Group offers a wide range of financing solutions, tailored to different investor profiles, including:
- financing of projects, private or public
- acquisition financing and LBO financing (leverage buy-out)
- asset financing (mainly real estate)
- corporate financing (often linked to important investment plans).
In addition, the expertise of global business lines can be solicited in the context of complex transactions requiring an international execution chain, such as export financing.
- A set-up with capacity for structuring, distribution and transaction management
- Ability to work on cross-currency credits (local currencies, euros, dollars)
- An offer of hedging products (rates and currencies)
- An activity in collaboration with the Corporate Sales Departments of all Societe Generale African sites, ensuring close contact with our customers.
Mota-Engil Africa, part of Mota-Engil Group, is an African Engineering company that signed a binding agreement with the...
To contribute to the sustainable development of the country
Renewable energy in rural areas for over 100,000 Ivorian households